for Grado headphones
User impressions on the new reticulated foam:
Our earpads are open, meaning that the user can change the inner padding to their desired level of softness.
Every pair of earpads will be delivered with two sets of foam inners:
- Reticulated foam (25 Pores Per Inch), for a sound better than the original L-cushions.
- Open-cell foam, for a warmer balance of sound,
I still have a few sets of the very soft memory foam (closed-cell), for the most comfort and the warmest sound. On request, I can supply these instead of the option 2. The feedback I had recommends them for when wearing eyeglasses.
Our headband wraps around the original Grado headband and it closes securely at both ends with magnets.
It offers plenty of comfort due to the 12mm very soft memory foam insert.
Durability & Luxury
The Grado foam cushions disintegrate in time. Sweat and other factors seem to speed up the process. The headphones will still go strong - you just need to keep buying cushions, and, if you have a problem with the comfort, continue putting up with it.
Using as traditional materials and methods as they can be, we tried to create the most durable earpads and headbands that can be.
Our products are fully made in New Zealand from leather and merino, the most luxurious and skin friendly natural materials.
- Leather is known to last a very long time with very minimal care.
- Merino is the finest available non-scratchy wool and one of the most hard wearing natural fibers. It is exceptionally breathable, temperature regulating, hypoallergenic and soft. It is used for baby blankets, underwear, outdoor garments, even shoes.
Most likely you are interested in what others have said. Please check the Reviews.
If you own or are thinking of purchasing a pair of Grado headphones, our products are a worthy investment, which will allow you to enjoy your headphones for many years to come.
2 x Earpads.....US$ 115
1 x Headband.....US$ 60
Set (2 x Earpads & 1 x Headband).....US$ 175
[Shipping: DHL Express will add US$ 25, Universal Postal Union will add $35]
You will have a month to try them out and ask any questions. Full refund on return will be provided, but you'll have to pay for the shipment back to New Zealand.
While I started this business with Grado headphones in mind, I do have other favorites as well. And as it turned out, they too could do with some upgrades.
- One of them is the Sony MDR-SA5000, one of the fastest, most detailed headphones ever made. The top of the range in Sony's offer a few years ago, it is now old enough to show its weak spot, and - you've guessed it - it is the earpads.
- Another one is the Panasonic RP-HD10, which can be had for about US$ 180. If there ever was an outstanding value-for-money piece of audio equipment, this is it. But, again, the earpads are heavily compromised.
And so I make leather earpads for both these headphones. Check the Other Projects!